This can be quite a big undertaking and unless you are confident in your plumbing, carpentry and tiling skills it is best left to a more experienced person to help or do it for you.
Of course, carrying out the install is the last step on getting the bath/shower room that you desire on a budget that you can afford.
Here are some steps you should consider to approach it.
- Think about the style you like.
- Go through brochures for ideas.
- Remember you can mix & match.
- Keep in mind the size of the room.
- Price check items from different suppliers.
- Think on colour and tiles style/square meters required.
- Measure, to ensure the units you want fit.
- Make a list and leave nothing off to get a true cost.
You should always keep in mind that a new bathroom is an investment into your property. Also, that it will be you that will be using it for as long as you are at the property. Therefore, it is worth all the planning and price checking to get what you had hoped for.
Before you purchase any material, you should get at least three estimates for the labour costs, at the same time you can find out if there are any problems with your new planned layout.
A new stylish bathroom should not cost the earth but a little bit of forward planning on your side will make all the difference on what it will cost.
A bathroom remodel is quite a big job so there will be some disruptions, but then again, you cannot make a cake without breaking some eggs.